We focus on the development of original productions on the stage. And — this is critical — we seek scripts that engage our social consciousness. From the ridiculous to the sublime, we offer something for everybody. From thought provoking, gripping dramas to belly laugh comedies.
S2S2S accepts scripts from May 1 – July 1 to include;
- One-act plays
- Full-length plays
- Comedies and dramas
We do not produce musicals, fantasies, or youth-oriented work.
If you have not yet worked with us, it’s important to note that we perform staged readings. During S2S2S performances, our volunteer actors are up and moving around, wear costumes, and use props.
As you review your existing scripts or write a new one, please keep in mind the principles upon which S2S2S was founded:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The goal of a world community and peace, liberty and justice for all
An experienced committee reviews the submissions and makes selections, usually by the end of July. The artistic director will personally contact each playwright whose work is selected.
Each upcoming season is announced in August.
We hope you’ll consider being a part of our world.